What’s one thing you’ve done so far in 2020 or are doing today that makes you happy? What’s the last thing you did just for fun?
A New Year always brings new opportunities. You ready?
Look into your crystal ball to ONE YEAR from now and imagine the life you’re living. This isn’t only about what you’ve accomplished (but that can be part of it). I want you to fast forward a year and envision yourself and your life.
What do you feel like? What does your life look like? How do you spend your days? And one final question … what has changed?
This is your chance to dream big for your life and how it will actually FEEL to get there! The more time you spend on this, the more clarity you get. When you KNOW what you want your life to look like, you’ll be a lot more likely to make your future self a reality!
Do yourself a favour and write down a detailed description of your “future self.” Don’t spare any of the details!
This may just be one of the BEST things you do all year.
|Your challenge is to switch it up and do something you haven’t done in a while (or haven’t done before!) Ready to take it to the next level?!|
How about signing up for a seminar, workshop, or new class?! Maybe it’s rock climbing class, mosaic workshop, gardening or photography class, a new dance session…. you name it!
Any ideas come to mind that sound interesting? Do it!
|Have a think about what you really want for your life over the next 12 months, and create your 2020 bucket list. I’m not just talking about setting big, serious goals (although those are always good!) … but what are some fun and different things you want to try this year?|
This time next year, what do you want to have accomplished, tried, or conquered? Think about it … and make a list! Maybe you want to climb a mountain, write a book, run a marathon, learn to make sushi or visit a special vacation spot.
The possibilities are limited only by your imagination!
Are you up for the challenge?! Write down what are the 3 things on YOUR list for 2020?
|One of my New Year resolutions is to listen to more Podcasts. In this quest to learn more I have stumbled upon the Plant Proof Podcast by Simon Hill. From the outset, I can say I am not a vegan. I eat meat. I am also not completely wedded to any particular diet either. If you look hard enough you can find research that will support and dispute just about any diet. However, since becoming allergic to dairy I have been unwillingly forced (initially) to explore more plant based foods. To my surprise I have found some great vegan food options and this has driven me to explore more about a plant based lifestyle. |
If you have an interest in this area or you are curious about the benefits of plant based foods then have a look at the web page at https://plantproof.com/ and also start listening to the podcasts. Some of the episodes didn’t capture my interest but the stories of many different people have me hooked. Plant Proof™ was inspired by Simon’s personal experience living a plant based lifestyle. Prior to transitioning from animal foods to a plant based diet he shared many common fears among men, and many women, in this position:“Am I going to lose muscle?” “Will I gain fat and feel bloated?” “What about my iron?” “Will I get enough protein?” Through talking to others that are happily leading a plant based lifestyle, tuning into countless hours of podcasts, indulging in a diverse range of nutritional books and taking on University studies, Simon has been able to answer all of those questions and more.Being frequently questioned about his diet and what foods he does and does not eat to stay healthy on the inside and out Simon decided to set up Plant Proof as a central source of ‘easy to apply’ evidence based information.
What interest’s me most about this podcast is the variety of information about the benefits of plant based foods, even for those of us who are not living a vegan lifestyle.
(Makes 2 burritos)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup (75 g) diced onion
- ½ seeded & diced medium red or yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup (30 g) drained & rinsed canned blacked beans
- Dash chili flakes
- 2 eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1 oz. (25 g) goat’s milk cheese, cubed (optional)
- 2 tbsp salsa
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- ½ avocado, cubed
- Your choice of burrito wrapper: gluten-free tortilla or large lettuce/collard leaves
- Your favorite hot sauce
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onions and peppers until soften and slightly caramelized. Add beans and pepper flakes and cook until warmed through, 3-4 minutes.
While the veggies are cooking, in a medium bowl whisk the eggs and egg whites, and then add the cheese.
When the veggies are heated through, transfer to a dish and if necessary, spray the skillet with non-stick spray. Pour in the eggs and scramble, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
To serve, spread each tortilla or lettuce leaf with some salsa, and then layer each with half of the black bean mixture, half the eggs, and half the tomato and avocado. Season with hot sauce. Roll up your tortilla or lettuce leaf like a burrito and enjoy!
TIME TO GET YOUR WORKOUT MUSIC IN ORDER
To get the most out of your workout playlist, instead of just adding songs in a random order, organize them by their mood and tempo. That way, the music can help you pace your workout. Slower motivating songs can get you warmed up … and faster or more intense songs can help you pick up the pace for the bulk of your workout. Then nice relaxing and empowering songs will help guide your cool down.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
- Facebook: Get Fit for Life and Travel – Tips for the Average Jo
- Instagram: #FitAverageJo
- Twitter: @FitAverageJo
Have a read of our other stories:
- Milwaukee – Wisconsin – USA https://fitaveragejo.com/2019/10/03/milwaukee-wisconsin-usa/
- Camping in 1700s, with a Model T Ford in 1915 and The luxury of a 1920’s trailer tent.
- Detroit, Michigan
- Venice Beach, California
- Niagara Falls – USA and Canada sides
- Travelling on your own – 10 handy tips to make your trips safer.
- Birdsville Races – Top things to do while you are there.
- Bedourie Camel and Pig Races 2019
- BACON – Hand marinated & smoked!
- Earn QANTAS points by exercising. WINNING!
- Gold Coast Marathon Weekend – combining two of my loves, travel and running.
- This one’s for Mal
- LONGREACH, Queensland – A free camping spot that was second to none.
- Eumundi Markets – World famous markets on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
- MOUNT ISA RODEO – An outback event not to be missed.
- Winton’s Way Out West Fest, 2018.
- Julia Creek Dirt n Dust Festival 2018
- Roma Street Parklands, Brisbane, Queensland
- Brisbane Beer, one of my most favourite topics!
- Paronella Park, Far North Queensland
- Is a 12 week fitness challenge right for you?
- What is the first step in your fitness journey?
- Earn money and gift cards in your down time while travelling.